Boomers - Write
Boomers Write - Site Policy
Your privacy is important to us. Boomers Write endeavors to maintain the privacy, security and accuracy of all of your personal information. This information will be collected, used and disclosed only as required by laws within the United States and Canada. What follows are guidelines and principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Consent
By submitting your personal information to Boomers-Write.com, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose such personal details in accordance with this policy and as required by law. If you wish, you may refuse or withdraw this consent in its entirety by contacting us through our Contact Me form found at the bottom of every page on this web site. If you choose to do so, Boomers Write may not be able to continue providing you with the necessary services or send information that might be of value to you.
What do we collect? According to American and Canadian privacy laws personal information means information about “an identifiable individual” or information that allows an individual to be identified. From time to time, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address or payment details for billing purposes. We might also ask for information about your occupation, interests and/or background in a survey or other for some other reason, but only with your expressed agreement. Why do we need this information? 1. To provide you with information, a product or service that you request.
2. To follow up with you to ensure your request is met.
3. To properly administer any contests offered on the Boomers Write web site.
4. To process any orders, which require information related to your credit card number, debit card number or other banking information for pre-authorized payments. Such information is used only for payment purposes and will not be shared with any third parties.
5. To send you newsletters that you have requested or other information we feel might interest you.
6. To ensure that Boomers Write is protected against fraud, theft or other illegal activities related to your use of the site.
Who has access to your personal information? 1. Web site owner and manager, Martha Jette. You may contact her at any time with your questions, comments and/or concerns related to your personal information.
3. Third party service providers only for specific purposes, such as providing you with a requested service or product on the condition that they do not use your information for any other purpose.
4. Legal Reasons: Boomers Write may disclose your personal information to law enforcement and/or a government institution with specific authority to obtain such information or if Boomers Write has reasonable grounds to believe the information is necessary for the investigation of any unlawful activity or to comply with a subpoena or warrant as ordered by a court of law, by the proper legal authorities or if necessary, to Aging With Creativity’s own legal representative.
5. Business Transfer: In the event that the Boomers Write web site is sold to another party, it may be necessary to disclose some of your personal information. Should this happen, you will be notified ahead of time and may opt out of such a disclosure.
Controlling Personal Information Boomers Write makes every effort to maintain control over how your personal information is used. In some cases, you may be able to “opt out” of all or some of the above identified purposes, uses and/or disclosures. If you wish to do so, you must contact Martha Jette ahead of time with your request.
All newsletters include an “unsubscribe option” for your use. We do not condone third-party mailings to our web site visitors. If you receive other mailings by third parties that you do not wish to receive, Boomers Write will make every reasonable effort to stop them.
If you believe that any of your personal information in the possession of Boomers Write is incorrect or wish to know what personal information we have for you, please contact Martha Jette at the link provided above.
Boomers Write makes every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and/or alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Be aware that every time you visit the Boomers Write web site, cookies are collected within our browser that indicate such things as a visitor’s domain name, date of visit, duration of visit, pages viewed and so on. A cookie is a small text file with a unique identification number. Please note that Boomers Write will in no way exploit or use such information for any purpose other than to measure the use of the web site to improve our services.
Visitors to the Boomers Write web site may from time to time provide us with certain personal information when asking a question, requesting information, providing comments, requesting a newsletter and so on. This information will only be used to respond to your question, comment or request and may at times be used to provide you with information that we feel may be of value to you. Any promotional emails we send will include an “unsubscribe option.”
Fair Information Practices Fair information practices in Canada and the United States are designed to ensure that companies treat your personal information fairly, protect it from undue disclosure and ensure that you maintain a reasonable control over such information when it comes to how it is collected, used and disclosed. Boomers Write follows these guidelines strictly. Your personal information will not be shared without your written consent and you may withdraw consent at any time subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with some services.
Any personal information that is provided to us will not be updated on a regular basis, so it is up to you to send us any updated information to ensure accuracy. If you wish to know what personal information we have for you, please contact us and it will be forwarded to you.